These homemade paleo chicken sausage patties are going to change your weekly routine.
I want to talk to you about last Monday night’s dinner for a moment.
It was a “grab what you want” free for all.
I believe I had a cheese stick and some popcorn.
Popcorn that I shared with the bear. Now, because I am an outstanding dog owner, I do not give my dog my leftovers. Wait – nope. I do.
Oh my gosh! And I interrupt this very important dinner message to talk about my hair.
I wear the messy bun. Every day. I wear it to CrossFit and to the grocery store and to hang out with people and to date night. I would probably wear it in the shower if I could.
Awhile ago a friend asked me, “Do you ever take it down?”
So, you see? Intervention.
In January I went to Charleston for my 7th annual girls trip reunion. I lived in Australia several years ago and I got wonderfully close with four girls. Since moving back, every year we pick a city and gather for a weekend.
Exhibit B: Girls (notice messy bun)
One friend brought a Beachwaver.
This is a thing.
It curls your hair with the best curls I’ve ever been able to get in my hair.
So, I am happy to say I am rocking the messy bun ONLY 99% of the time now. I’ve come so far.
Ok. Right. Anyway who does not love popcorn for dinner?!
You might think, “Hey don’t beat yourself up. We all have those nights.”
The thing is – most of my nights feel like that. Which is why I am a planner (planners unite!). So I try to make a few things on Sunday to prepare for our week.
One thing that is on serious rotation at our house are these homemade paleo chicken sausages. They are perfect to grab for breakfast. Or for snack. SNACKS! I’ll have a post on that later.
These chicken sausages are everything. Can we talk about green apples?! And lemon? Bright citrusy lemon.
We interchange the lemon juice for maple syrup sometimes – just to mix it up. Yum. Yum.
They are so easy to make. And then, look at you, breakfast for the week. I tend to also do a batch of hardboiled eggs for the week too.
So chicken sausage, hardboiled egg and like 8 cups of coffee every morning.
We so fancy.
We are so going to own this week.Print
Homemade Paleo Chicken Sausage
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 lbs ground chicken or turkey
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 apple, diced (we use green apples)
- Juice of one lemon (or try 2 TBS maple syrup to mix it up)
- In a large bowl add the ground chicken along with thyme through lemon juice. Mix to combine
- Form small patties from the mixture. I usually have a golfball size of meat to make one patty. You should come out with about 8-10 12 patties (1/2 inch thick).
- Heat a sauté pan and add 1 TBS coconut oil. Over medium high heat add the patties. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side. Continue until you have sautéed all the chicken patties.
- Allow to cool and store the refrigerator for the week. Or you can freeze and thaw overnight in the refrigerator when you are ready to use them.