To do one day to 2 hours ahead of time:
- Prepare the marinade by mixing all the ingredients together. (If using chicken breasts, I like to add the Greek yogurt to the marinade to keep the chicken juicy. If you are using chicken thighs, you can omit the Greek yogurt.) Add the cubed chicken to a baggie or pyrex baking dish. Coat the chicken in the marinade and let set in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- At this time you can also prepare the tzatziki sauce by mixing all the ingredients together. Let it set overnight in the refrigerator or at least one hour before serving.
- If you are using wooden skewers be sure to soak them in water overnight.
For Kabob Style in Oven:
- To prepare the kabobs, set the oven to 375 degrees. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the baggie. Place a piece of chicken, then bell pepper, then cherry tomato, then a few onion wedges on the skewer. Continue until skewer is full.
- For the Oven: Place the kabob on the wire rack of a baking sheet that is covered in parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the skewers over and bake for an additional 15 minutes. The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Kabobs on Grill:
- Follow step 1 above.
- Heat grill on medium high heat. Coat the grill in oil and then add the kabobs. Turn the kabobs every 3 minutes (for each side, a total of 12 minutes). Chicken is done when a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
Sheet Pan Greek Chicken in Oven:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the baggie.
- Oil a sheet tray covered in aluminum foil or parchment paper. Remove the chicken from the marinade (discard marinade). Add cubbed chicken and veggies on the tray. Toss everything to get some of the veggies coated in the marinade. Spread out evenly on the sheet tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Turn on broiler and broil for 3-5 minutes!
Place kabobs over gluten-free basmati rice or salad greens. Top with feta cheese and serve with a side of the tzatziki sauce.